Dear Valued Customers:
As you are aware, COVID-19 has presented the entire business community with unprecedented challenges. OK Industries Ltd. and its Group of Companies (Island Asphalt Co., Duncan Paving Co., Haylock Bros. Paving, Island Crushing Co., Tayco Paving Co., OK Paving Co., and Northwest Sealcoating Co.) is no less affected. We have been actively taking all necessary steps to protect our employees and their families, the communities in which we operate, our vendors, and our customers and their employees.
Safety is a core value at OK Industries. We are constantly monitoring and adapting our approach for each project while at the same time carefully following the development of the coronavirus pandemic. We are aligned with and take direction from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control as well as Federal authorities to ensure we take all necessary steps to respond to this pandemic. Accordingly, O.K. Industries has adopted the following policies and practices:
- Many of our office workers are working from home.
- We are restricting the number of workers allowed to travel in our crew trucks to one.
- We actively promote 2 metres of separation between all workers including those on paving worksites.
- We have implemented a program of cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and shared equipment in our offices and out in the field.
- All workers complete a Health Screening questionnaire before being permitted onto Company worksites.
On behalf of all of us at OK Industries, we appreciate your business and we thank you for the trust you place in our organization as we come together to take on the COVID-19 challenge. I am personally committed to continue to communicate to our customers, vendors and employees as developments or changes arise and will continue to make the safety and health of our employees, customers and the communities we operate in a priority.
President and General Manager